Sunday, May 14, 2006

my fave postsecrets

this is my biggest fear about ever having children. people say that it comes naturally and that once you have kids, you can't imagine life without them. and while that may be true, does that necessarily mean that you'll be happy with the decision to have children?

this one resonates with me b/c half of of my conversations with my mother result in her feeling like she's bothering me by calling b/c i'm such a brat. =(


my mom's a PICU nurse and works in a special unit for babies after they leave neonatal until the age of 4. she often has to see little babies suffer and all too often die. i i don't know how she does what she does, but it always reminds me that if she could endure some hardship to reach out to these sick babies and their families, then i definitely should be doing what i can to make the world a little better as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

great post, julie! thanks for sharing :)

and Happy Mother's Day to your Mommy

May 14, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger elad said...

thanks for your thoughts and memories, Julie. it's fascinating how these random secrets by strangers illuminate something in our own lives.

May 15, 2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com