Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Project Runway - Season 3 - Episode 6 - Waste Not, Want Not

This is the week that everything went wrong.

This is the week Uli was robbed.

This is the week everyone lost their minds.

This is the week where Project Runway tries to break the designers.

This is the week when someone won two challenges "back to back."

This is the week where Vincent has creeped me out beyond the point of no return.

This is the week everyone could have used a little more sleep.

Let's start with what needs to go.
1. Laura's ribcage shots.
2. Vincent.
3. Heidi's stylist.
4. Angela Laura trying to dance to Michael's beat box sound. (Turns out that wasn't Angela, but Laura. Either way - needs to go)

Now let's go to what we need more of.
1. Robert and Kayne comedy hour.
2. Uli.
3. Tim in a bright green construction hat.
4. Kayne talking about his dumpster diving days.

Now you recap readers, you all know what went down this episode. The designers went to New Jersey - complained about the grayness of the state - and then found themselves at a recycling warehouse. They were given very little sleep and a huge task of making an outfit out of recycled materials they found in the warehouse. Then they were given the insane budget of $25 to use in an art store.



If any of you have ever tried your hand at any artistic trade you will know that $25 will get you a tube of paint, a box of crayons, maybe some glitter, and if you are lucky a paintbrush from the clearance bin.



It seemed like to me that the show was trying their very hardest to get the designers to "crack" by putting as much pressure on them as possible. They made them wake up at 5am - sent them to a foreign city (yes NJ is foreign) - made them sift through garbage in funky green outfits - and then gave them the smallest amount of time possible to make it work. And they must have taken away the good drugs because everyone was in a bad mood.



So the talk of this episode focused on Vincent being insane. Everyone noticed it. Even Heidi! Now that we all admit that he needs to be heavily medicated (I mean come on, how many times does he say he "gets off" on his design?) - please someone tell me HOW IS HE STILL ON THE SHOW? Is it really just because he knows how to construct? Because that does not cut it! (Hehehehe I said "cut it" because this is designing and they cut fabric and cut people off the show….ok I will stop now).

We also are starting to see Laura get testy. Was Keith Michael right when he called her a bad mommy? She does not seem to have patience for anyone on the show. Is she the new villain?

Enough about the drama - let's get to the designs!

WINNER - Michael




I have a lot of love for Michael. He has really shown his talent and his desire to win. He also has such a great spirit. He wasn't my top choice to win this week - but I am still very happy he won. I want him to get to the end and get what he deserves! Go Michael! Go Michael!

And if he keeps on doing his little dance after he is named the winner then keep him on as long as possible!

Almost the winner - Jeffrey



The judges really loved this dress and said it was the only one that actually moved like it was fabric (and not garbage). As much as I am not a Jeffrey fan - I will have to say this dress is totally him and done well. Michael Kor's called Jeffrey's style "ugly/beautiful" and I totally agree. You want to look away and say to your friend "what is that girl wearing?" but then when you look back you are strangely attracted to it.

Also on top - but not a winner - Laura



I have said this many times - and I am glad the judges have finally said it as well - everything that Laura puts out there is "Laura" - it should just have a little tag on the back that says her name because she is her own brand. The high wasted skirt, the ribcage neckline, the simple, clean, sophisticated look. The flower looked great - can't believe that was made of garbage (I wonder if she got some tips from Angela on that one). Laura has stayed strong since the show started - and I am sure she can keep up her level of taste. But that said - can she WOW me?

YOU SHOULD HAVE WON - Uli



Uli you are so wonderful and have so much talent. How did the judges not see that this week? I mean really, what happened? The skirt of this dress was so beautiful and detailed. The top was not a halter. I mean what else can they ask for? Uli, even if you don't win another challenge, just keep putting out the amazing work, make it to the top 3 - and then floor them at fashion week!

Good Enough to be In - Robert



You know what, I am getting bored of people saying Robert is boring. Can't we think of another word? This dress wasn't really all that boring - it was shiny and textured and....well, kinda interesting! Yea ok, I know he won't make it to the final 3. That's ok. Just keep him around so he can make jokes with Kayne.

By the way - look at this strange picture of Robert from Tim's Take this week...



Yea, I don't know either.

Safe, but I am not sure why - Angela



Did anyone else think about Bradley when this outfit came out? Maybe he took over Angela's body before he left last week. Or maybe Angela is going back to her kookie ways? Listen we have all been giving Angela so much credit - but remember she has only had 2 good outfits - before that she was all bubble skirts and hookers working at a day camp.

Thank god you weren't cut - Kayne




I will admit I was worried for Kayne. But secretly I really loved the first skirt he did. I don't know what it was but I was feeling it. But Tim didn't like it - so it had to go. But that said, remember Tim didn't like Bradley's outfit once and Bradley almost won that challenge. Who knows what could have happened if the big green flower went down the runway - I am sure we would have heard a GASP from Michael Kors and seen a few nose twitches from Nina Garcia. But fear not - Kayne made it another week.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? - Vincent




Vincent, you are starting to remind me of the creepy guy in the neighborhood that I hide from. You are totally on your own planet but you insist to live amongst the rest of us. You first said your dress reminded you of a child's drawing - and then you start talking about how you "get off" on your design. Ew. Please go away.

I am so sad to see you go - Alison



Alison, I really had hopes for you to be in the final 3. You showed so much potential during the past few episodes. I bet if you were able to get your materials sewed together you would have had no problem. But that didn't work and you were forced to come up with a last minute design. I still have tons of respect for you and I think you are way better than most designers on the show. You will be missed. And I think the designers can even agree to that considering all the hugs and tears at the end of the episode.

But that said, what is up with the bow? I don't get it.

Predictions:

Final 3 - Uli, Michael and Kayne

Next out - Robert, then Vincent, Angela, Laura, Jeffrey (in that order).

I really wish Vincent could go first. I wish I knew what he has done to those judges that makes them want to keep him each week? He isn't that much of entertainment value considering how creepy he has become. Hopefully next week I will be proved wrong and he will be out.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

Agreed, meredith. Vincent has outlived his usefulness and should GO, not to mention his "art piece" was awful. Alison should have been given a break for past awesomeness and stayed.

August 17, 2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha I find it funny how "turns me on" and "get off on it" are creeping people out. Their seem to be cultral Divide between vincent and the audienace. Vincent's words were hip and in 40 years ago. "turn you on" is getting a Buzz pushing you into another state of mind. "getting off" is similar that your are put into a happy state. Your mind is expanding into new Idea. Too many think Austin Powers is the Defacto primier for that era. Vincent is no stuck in his own world he is stuck in his own time.

August 18, 2006 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Vincent is part of the Mafia and everyone is afraid to vote him off.

August 18, 2006 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does everyone think that Jeff is so talented? Everything he designs has the same vertical seaming thing going on -- nothing is original! But then again, neither is Laura -- did anyone else notice that even though she hates dogs, that black dress has a dimaond milkbone pinned over the navel???

Go Uli!! Go Michael!!

August 19, 2006 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vincent has not produced even ONE decent piece. I don't get it. Why won't they get rid of him already? I love Uli, Laura, and Michael.

August 19, 2006 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy that Kayne didn't get kicked off even tho the dress was far from his best work. GO MICHAEL! but i was cheering for Jeff for this one.
I love Kayne, he's so funny, and he and Robert togeather are super funny.
I'm sad to see Allison go.

August 20, 2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com