Monday, September 25, 2006

Why Did We Go To Lollapalooza...

...when all the good bands are coming to Florida!!!!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Pompano Beach, Club Cinema -October 12, 2006


Do Make Say Think opening for Broken Social Scene
Ft. Lauderdale, Culture Room - November 1, 2006




Ted Leo & The Pharmacists opening for Death Cab for Cutie
Bank Atlantic/University of Miami Convocation Center - November 20, 2006




I made it my new life goal to see Broken Social Scene again after we saw them at Lollapalooza in Chicago *See below*- and my wish came true! They are coming to my backyard!!! Their show was transcendent (yes I said it) and to see them play a set longer than 45 minutes is going to kick ass.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are not one of my top bands - but Pinc loves them - so we are totally there!
Do Make Say Think is also not on my list - but Elad is all about them - and they are playing with freaking Broken Social Scene - HELLOOOOOO!!!!!

And when I heard Death Cab was coming to town again of course I was excited - but then hearing Ted Leo was opening - that is just having my cake and eating it too. Ted Leo has been one of my favorites for the past 2 years - fun music that causes you to get speeding tickets! And because Pinc is so "iron fist" about getting concert tickets - we were first on the virtual internet line and got great seats!

Expect a bunch of concert reviews and gushing over Ben Gibbard :)

*Check out more Lollapalooz here*:
Pinc's review of Lollapalooza
Getting to Maybe's picture post of Lollapalooza

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

I think a

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

is warranted.

September 25, 2006 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I don't believe any of this. Since I have moved down here, South Florida has shown an utter refusal to have good bands come down.

The one time I did manage to get tickets to see Death Cab, it was cancelled due to the hurricane last year. Bleh!

September 27, 2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com