Monday, December 12, 2005

A Great Week In TV

OK so last week I posted about my dilemma - if I should watch the new Project Runway or the Made episode taped in my high school.

Luckily you were all correct in stating that there are repeats on both channels - so I didn't miss a thing. And thank goodness for that - because all of it was great!

First - Project Runway - a whole slew of new designers and just in the first episode we had 3 cuts!!! As the show was on I remembered how much I loved watching the designs on the runway and then seeing the designers get critiqued and trying to guess who is gonna get the boot. So far I see a lot of talent but I think that its gonna come down to Santino and Diana. But it is still so early in the game that anything can happen.



MADE - Central Idol - the show was interesting because it was about a girl who was super super shy but had a really great singing voice when nobody was watching. So she wanted to be in her high school's version of American Idol - which did not exist at the time I attended Valley Stream Central. She did finally break out of her shyness - but didn't win the contest. The interesting part for me was seeing different shots of the school and seeing how there are new lockers and the school kinda looked different. But from the outside it was the same and whenever they interviewed different students that thick Long Island accent was in full force.

The biggest part of my TV watching this week was actually the finale of Making the Band 3. I LOVE THIS SHOW! I have talked about this in the past - how P. Diddy would just cut people at any moment and how he really challenges them. So in this last episode, Diddy comes out in the first minute of the episode and sends all the girls home for 3 months. He says that when they come back he is going to pick who is in the band - I guess this is to test who really is dedicated and who isn't. So the girls come back and they get to do a little photo shoot and meet Naomi Campbell - then they get some dancing time - then some singing time - then some interviews where they get cut down by Hot 97 radio station - and after a few more performances in front of Diddy - he makes the band. And the best part is that Andrea made it! We were all cheering after the episode finished because we were all rooting for her. She has been through many ups and downs on the show and I think she is going to do great in the band. But Diddy left two questions up in the air - What is the name of the band? And are they going to have another reality show based on the band? I hope so!

And finally, to make my tv watching complete - VH1 played one of my favorite classic 90's movies - CLUELESS!! It has been a few years since I have seen this movie and I still remembered most of the lines - thanks VH1 for bringing back some good old memories.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com