Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Netscape - The Problem Solver

Are you sick of Internet Explorer? Seriously, we have been using the internet for so many years now, don't you think it's time that the browser change with your needs? IE seems so outdated, simple and one dimensional. I want a browser that has a lot of options and is easy to customize.

After my recent frustration with Google, I decided that it may be Internet Explorer that is the problem. So I downloaded Netscape's browser - and let me tell you, I am impressed.

Here are some of the perks:
- Already built in toolbars for email, searching, news/weather/local maps/movies/yellowpages
- Built in AOL Instant Messenger
- You only open one window - then each time you want to see another website tabs are created for each new site - which means quicker and easier loading.
- Built in pop-up blocking
- Built in auto-fill options
- The built in search toolbar gives you five search engines to choose from (google, netscape, aol, ask jeeves, and yahoo)
- You can add one click shortcuts to your toolbar for websites you like to visit often
- Plus it imports all your settings from Instant Messenger - so don't worry about setting up your bookmarks again

So if you have found yourself bored with internet browsing and are looking for more try out Netscape!

Oh and by the way - Google works now!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

http://www.stopie.com/

January 04, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger bonnie said...

I know you just switched browsers, but in terms of less junk and protection against junk on your computer, I can't recommend it enough: firefox firefox firefox. I love it. its the perfect browser.

and the people at firefox (mozilla) invented that tab feature!

I use their mail program and calendar program too.

January 05, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Elad and I were talking about firefox last night - that might be my next step

January 05, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger elad said...

i'm liking Netscape in Firefox Mode.

January 05, 2006 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com