Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Resolution Post

After reading Elad's post on his goals for 2006 - I was inspired to post my own resolutions for the year 2006 - because I think (just like Elad said) making your goals public may inspire you to actually fulfill them. So here I go.

1. Get my ass back to the gym. Yes I have been a member for about 5 months, and yes I was really really good (5 times a week) up until mid-December - but now that I slowed down it is time to get back up to speed.

2. Wear make-up on normal days. I haven't done that since..hmm...maybe high school. But I need to start feeling like an adult and maybe the best way to feel like one is to start looking like one. So wearing make-up will possibly cover-up my childish look.

3. Stop sleeping in. Getting up early will help me start the day earlier. Which means I will get more done. Which will get me to #4.

4. Become a better worker. Start working harder at my job, which means coming in earlier, billing more hours, and impressing my boss (so he stops seeing me as an idiot).

And finally...

5. Be more supportive to everyone around me (especially Elad). This goal will probably never be fulfilled because all relationships need constant attention, support, patience and nurturing. So I have to keep on working on this and hope for the best.

4 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

I think you're wonderfully supportive as you are, but if you want to be more to me and your friends and your family, then go ahead!

I will do whatever I can to help you achieve your goals this year.

January 04, 2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your no. 2...I NOTICED TODAY!! i was gonna say something, but i wouldnt want anyone pointing that out to me since i never wear any either. but it looked good = )

January 05, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

aww thank you for noticing!!!! yea im really gonna try, let's see how long it lasts (hehehehe)

January 05, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

here are some resolutions, but just like everyone else, they are sure hard to keep, do we just do this to set ourselves up for failure, why dont we just make resolutions we know we can stick to, well maybe thats defeating the purpose
-Eat primarliy raw, been really bad with that lately with all this moving around
-Start a home-based business, i'm sick of this office crap
-Excercise and go to the beach regularly, preferable at the same time.
-Stop and breathe, I jump on stuff way too fast. & let the stupid stuff twirling in my head just go, no more holding on to it.

January 19, 2006 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com