Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Holiday Rundown

Here is a recap of the past few days...

After returning late Friday night from Dallas, TX, I decided to spend that evening and the next entire day being a lazy bum (what a surprise). I figured that I won't bother my Christian friends on their holy Christmas, so instead I annoyed Elad and made him watch bad tv with me.

On Hanukah eve (Sunday) I spent the day with two great friends - Cory and Randi - and made sure to sing a few Christmas tunes while spinning the dradel. In the evening we headed over to my Mom's house for the main event.

My mom does not disappoint. She went all out and stuffed our faces with chinese food, donuts, cakes, latkas and much much more. Then, right before we were about to pass out from over eating, we had presents piled up in front of us! Of course it isn't Hanukah without getting a few pairs of socks and some chocolate gelt - but it didn't end there. I got a lot of clothes and purses and great smelling bathroom lotions and soaps. All around beautiful gifts :)

Ok so there wasn't a new digital camera, or some other handheld digital cell phone/mp3 player/blackberry device I have been drooling over - but clothes is still very necessary considering that I am a slob and managed to stain half of the things I own.

But definitely the best part of this holiday was having my closest family around for the day. My sister Lori just (permanently) returned from California and so it was great to see her and her husband Chris back! Now that they are going to live in Florida I hope I will be seeing a lot more of them.

Oh wait - I can't forget - I had off of work on Monday and was given the opportunity to be a bum for at least one more day. So I wore one of my new velvety jogging suits that was a present from my Aunt Dalia - sat my butt on the couch - watched the Aviator - and pigged out on a really yummy Banana bread with chocolate chips that Randi made. Elad and I did a few chores (food shopping and cleaning) and watched some repeats of Rome and Arrested Development. Over all a very relaxing and wonderful day.

And for the next week? Well here comes the New Year. (and I don't feel any different)
Julie is visiting Miami - can't wait to see her! And I feel that there will be some party hopping all night - not sure where I will end up yet but I know I don't have to drive because this year I am sticking around in South Beach. So hopefully there won't be too much chaos and Elad and I will manage to get in a halfway sober New Years kiss.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

haha. "halfway-sober" as opposed to last year where we partied quite a bit and i got way drunk before midnight. and then i had a sip of champagne, kissed shawn, and proceeded outside to vomit.

I'm all for halfway sober this year!

This holiday really was(/is) great. Relaxing and with presents! Apperciating family and overloading sweets. Easy on the praying, big on the chillin'. My kind of holiday.

December 27, 2005 3:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

wow that sounds bad that you kissed me and then threw up :( i sadly have that affect on men

December 27, 2005 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com