Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gawker Stalker - Does it Freak You Out?

The website Gawker (known to be the NYC Media and Entertainment news blog) has a page called Gawker Stalker. On this page people write in celeb sightings around NYC and Gawker posts the sighting with any comments - along with a map of NYC which pinpoints all the sightings.

You would find something like:
Jon Stewart
WORTH ST AT CHURCH ST
May 9th, 2006 @ 10am
I just saw Jon Stewart on the corner of Worth and Church, waiting to cross the street. He had some dunkin' donuts in his hand. He looked older than I expected.

Now doesn't this freak you out a bit? Before I saw the website I didn't think it was so bad - but now that I have seen how many people write in sightings and the comments that they make - it honestly freaks me out.

Imagine this:
Shawn
8th Street and 2nd Ave
May 9th, 2006 at 12:15pm
I saw Shawn walking to a bank and eating a protein bar. Her hair looked awful. Her outfit mismatched. I would have thought she was thinner.

OUCH! Right?
But that is the kind of thing people write in.

What do you think of Gawker Stalker?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Ohhh that is really scary! I hope that was Meredith or Michelle :)

Thanks for the haircut compliment -- im back to curly again!

May 10, 2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com