Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Project Runway - Season 3 - Episode 5 Recap - Iconic Statement

This week I once again did a Live Play by Play on Blogging Project Runway - check it out for a detailed description of what went down this episode.

But of course - I can't help but to do a recap of my own - with pictures of course!! -- so here we go....

This week the whole game is mixed up!!! First - the models choose the designers!!! Then the model chooses the fashion icon that each designer has to modernize! And the winner of this challenge will have their model wear the winning outfit in a Tresemme ad in Elle Magazine! And no immunity this week because of the prize!! This is huge!

The models reacted like....well like hyenas...when they had to grab the picture of the fashion icon. Those ladies look like hungry kids jumping for a candy bar!

The designers had to modernize the following fashion icons:

Angela - Audrey Hepburn
Michael - Pam Grier
Robert - Jackie O
Jeffrey - Madonna
Kayne - Marilyn Monroe
Uli - Diana Ross
Laura - Katherine Hepburn
Allison - Farah Fawcett
Vincent- Twiggy
Bradley - Cher

A lot of the matches look good...except for Bradley. I can see Bradley model for a hippy type girl - peace and love man - but Cher!! A Disco Queen? Not a good match!



A fight breaks out in the workroom - Bradley says that Angela broke a sewing machine - and Jeffrey (looking for his first opportunity to create drama) makes a scene about the whole situation. And then Laura (looking for her moment to shine on camera) stands up for Angela and talks back to Jeffrey! CAT FIGHT!



Ok so maybe Laura and Jeffrey actually spoke out because they were mad at each other - but I mean come on - this is a TV show - there is the possibility that each person is just trying to get their moment to shine! (Even if they look like a jerk!).

And Bravo then cuts to Jeffrey QUACKING LIKE A DUCK - literally! He is making fun of Laura and saying she sounds like a quacking duck! QUACK QUACK QUACK!!



And Michael sticks up for Angela. I guess Laura, Michael and Angela really bonded last episode - which is nice because Angela had no friends on the show....and Michael and Laura are good people to have on her side! (But just wait until those Rosettes come and attack again!)

More on Michael...he showed us his sensitive side this week when he talked to his mommy on the phone - you can see he is a good guy with good values! Go on Michael and win this thing for ATL!

Also - to change things up a little bit - the models come in a day early to have a fitting - giving the designers a chance to change the outfit with plenty of time! Which Michael took advantage of...and which would pay off in the end!



During this fitting we get a taste of Kayne's talky model - who he has to tell to shut up five hundred times! Oh my god my ipod and my boyfriend and ice cream and my birthday and dinner at this restaurant and my childhood......SPARE US!! Thank you Kayne for putting her in her place!! Be Seen and Not Heard!



And now time for the runway....Michael Kors is back - with Nina Garcia - and Diane von Furstenberg

Winner - Michael - modernizing Pam Grier


Yes this girl looks FIERCE! Hotness! The Hot Pants work so well - he originally made a short skirt - but when the model came in for the early fitting he knew it had to be changed up. And it worked - the Judges thought it was PERFECT!

Almost the Winners:

Angela - Audrey Hepburn



We may not love Angela's personal style - but I do not think we can question her taste level anymore. She has brought it up many notches. I love the texture and sophisticated look. I think she needs to keep up this level of creativity and not fall back into the kookie Angela.

Kayne - Marilyn Monroe



This dress was so beautiful and looked nothing like a Beauty Pageant dress - I LOVED IT! I can totally see Ms. Monroe wearing an outfit like this - or maybe someone like Carmen Elektra or another edgy Hollywood Celeb! Kayne is proving that he doesn't have just one style to show us - and he can be edgy and classic all at the same time.

Safe....

Laura - Katherine Hepburn


This was the perfect fashion icon for Laura. AND SHE DIDN'T MAKE A COAT!! I LOVE IT! Although, that said - I don't know how modern this look really was. I guess enough for her to be safe...

Jeffrey - Madonna


Another perfect match - Jeffrey with a musician! I think the outfit is a little toooo deconstructed and I honestly don't see Madonna besides the fact that it looks risky and provocative - more of her earlier-mid career style. I guess it was at least interesting and gave us something to think about.

Uli - Diana Ross


Uli, Uli, Uli. Where were you all episode? I didn't see your dress once before the runway and I barely heard you speak! Your dress is FABULOUS!! I love the way the pattern moves around the fabric - it flows and fits well. Great job! However, you still weren't good enough to win this week - but good, at least you are still in the running!

Alison - Farah Fawcett


At first Alison didn't know what do with Farah - she didn't really know the icon and didn't think it was a good match. But Alison does not let this defeat her! She rises to the occassion and makes a cute little number that I would love to own! (If I could ever pull something off like that!) The color and flow were unique - it had an interesting construction that was very modern yet very feminine and cute. Good job!

This was your lucky day.....Part of the Bottom 3, but not out:

Robert - Jackie O (Jackie Kennedy Onasis)



Robert what is going on with you? You are so off the mark that it makes me think you are next to go. You couldn't get Jackie O right? Really? This is all you!!! Sleak clean suits - tailored well and always looking flawless. This girl is wearing a burlap bag - who are you, Bradley? Ok enough said - just don't do it again!

Vincent - Twiggy



Ok I heard Vincent talking about sleeves that look like bells - and then I saw this walk out - and all I could think is - why are you still here? Ugly dress - ugly color - ugly style - ugly cut - ugly pockets. Only thing I like about this outfit is that she is not wearing a hat.

And you are OUT....

Bradley - Cher


The moment you heard Bradley was paired with Cher you knew it was over for him. I mean honestly there could not have been a worst match. This outfit is really cheap looking - and he was right - she does look like a space cadet! Cher would never wear something like that - he should have done something that was more sheer and sexy - and instead he did shiny wrapping paper and ugly white pants. Sorry Bradley - you weren't a right fit for the show - it was really too much for you - so it is time to head back to Vermont (oh is he not from there? but isn't he a Hippie? He is from LA!? You are kidding me, right?) - ok so Bradley let me rephrase - its time to head back to California - go find some hippie friends to chill with - and remember the good times you had on Project Runway!

And as for my future predictions....

Next out - Robert. Then Vincent. (Well really I hope Vincent first, but he somehow manages to stay in all the time). Then Jeffrey. Then Angela. Then Kayne.

Final 3? Uli, Alison and Michael.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

I thought this was a great episode. It should have been called "The Model's Revenge!" because after three seasons the models finally do something interesting and they even win a mini-prize. The free-for-all Icon choosing scene was gold. Those girls were poised to strike.

In terms of designers, the work was expectional this work, notably Kayne, Michael, Uli, and Laura. I did not like Jeffrey's design. It had no cohesion whatsoever and as progressive as Madonna is, she doesn't seem like the deconstructionist type. Robert really flopped and Vincent is one step from getting auf'd, that's for damn sure.

I still lament the loss of Keith Michael. Although the public seems to agree with the show's decision, I still think he should have penalized in some other way and not sent home. I miss his smug attitude.

August 10, 2006 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Laura? Where does she fit into your prediction? Is she the decoy for Fashion Week? I think Uli is great, but she needs to step away from the halter dresses, or anything resembling them. That's why she won't win it. Eventually someone will notice. I totally agree about Alison and Michael and I think if Robert gets his mojo back, he could be a serious contender.
Kath

August 10, 2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Ah yes Laura...hmmm....I am not sure where she fits into this whole thing. I don't know if she will make it to the final 3 - but she will go far. I bet she goes a week before or after Jeffrey goes. Don't know why - but I just get this feeling...

Yea you are right about the halter dress issue with Uli...maybe Tim can talk some sense into her soon...but for now the Judges haven't noticed. Can you imagine an entire runway show of halter dresses - eeeek!

August 10, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

that was an awesome recap as always, you are the blogging & PR queen, no wonderful BPR loves u!

August 10, 2006 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like the involvement of the models. The models bore me, I'd rather see more of the designers. After all, the show is supposed to be about the designers. We have Next Top Model if we're interested in that type of thing.

Nice review, but I do disagree that Robert will be the next to go. He's had a couple of bad weeks but I think he's quite talented.

August 10, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I don't want Robert to go...I just think he is on a downhill trend. I actually really like Robert and think he has potential. But I think the show can bring a designer down and they have to find a way to break out of a rut (like Angela) or it gets the best of them and ruins them.

If it was up to me I would want Vincent to go first. Then Jeffrey. Then Angela. Then Laura. Then Robert. And at the end Kayne and Alison will battle it out of who will make it into the final 3 with Michael and Uli.

August 10, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

my prediction is based on what i know about the judges and how they pick who is in and out.

August 10, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Tbone said...

Shawn - I can't thank you enough for once again bailing me out. You're the best!

xoxo
Tbone

August 10, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

absolutely no problem tbone.

August 10, 2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com