Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day - Let's Catch Up

Most of you are home today - enjoying some R&R - maybe taking in your last summer sun. I am home in my NEW APARTMENT!! For all of you who don't know, I have just purchased a beautiful condo in the Design District of Miami (aka Midtown Miami) with the huge help of Daddy and Mommy. I am so thankful for a loving and giving family!!!!

This past week has been like a tornado. We started the week with two extra special friends visiting - Seonah and Diana. We had a blast during my last weekend in South Beach. We went to a few bars, ate yummy food, swam with Dolphins, and did a little self cleansing and understanding.

After my dear friends left I headed up to Vero Beach to take care of some depositions for work (yea I still have a job) - and then came back down to Miami to do more depositions. Craziness.

By Wednesday it was time to focus on the big move. Elad and I packed our stuff during the fake Hurricane (Tropical Storm) Ernesto and then the movers showed up Wednesday morning to take our stuff to the new condo.

Thursday we had to head back to our old apartment to scrub away (so I can get my deposit back) and that literally took us 6 hours! Wow we are a mess!

By Friday I was ready to just sleep the day away, but I had to show up early to work and get ready for my closing. The entire day was filled with phone calls, emails, documents, and stress. Finally, by the end of the day, it was all over, and the condo was mine!

So you would think Elad and I would be totally chilling in a nice clean apartment by Monday. Well, you are wrong. Saturday we tried to do as much as possible - but after about 7 hours of work we only got maybe 35% done and fell asleep!!! After I woke up from my nap I went to celebrate Aly's birthday by going to a strip club!!! I can't share the details on that - just want to say we all had an excellent time!

And between all this my ATM card expired and my car became undriveable. Oy vey!

Sunday my friends Cory and Randi asked me and Elad to join them at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo. This place is awesome! We went kayaking and snorkeling - and it was actually really cheap! A full day of fun!!!

So now we are at Monday. I am still living amongst boxes and piles of clothes. Today we plan on doing some shopping and hopefully unpacking. Eh, it isn't like it is going anywhere - maybe we will clean up next weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Design By Bain said...

yippie, what a fun week, you have some great creations there!!!

pictures! I want pictures!

see u in a few days.

September 04, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger IGA said...

WOW! Congrats on the new place...moves are so frustrating! So jealous...wish I had a condo in Miami!

September 04, 2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com