Saturday, August 26, 2006

It's My Party & I'll Host If I Want To....

Monday I will be turning 28.....

I'm not complaining about that, as I feel I look much younger and I'm happy with where I am in life. Tonight, however, I will be having my Birthday party.

Nay, I will be HOSTING my Birthday party.

Is it odd to host your own Birthday party? I rationalized to myself that it was perfectly acceptable....I told myself that celebrities throw their own Birthday parties all the time, right? And if I'm not a celeb, then who is? I'm totally a rockstar.

I also told myself that my hosting the party was a manifestation of my obsessive compulsive disorder. I'm not diagnosed as OCD, but I'm pretty sure I'm there. I'm extremely anal retentive, and I know that if someone else hosted my party I'd just dissect it; while I'd appreciate the thoughtful gesture, I know that I'd just analyze how I'd not only have done things differently, but done them better. It's a fault, but at least I own it, right?

So, as you head out tonight, pour one out for your new friend Steven. Celebrate me - have a drink and maybe some dessert. Live it up.

I'm worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

happy birthday, steven!

August 26, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope your party is kick ass!

August 27, 2006 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com