Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why Is The Sky Blue?

This morning I came across this blog post about 6 Commonly Believed Things That Are Wrong.

I do not know this person's background to know how they know what is true or not (it says they are a student at Stanford, which means they could be in their early 20's and be a know it all type) - but either way, the person has made some good points so check it out.

The 6 Commonly Believed Things That Are Wrong:
1. Centrifugal force
2. The sky is blue because of the ocean or space.
3. Extra Dimensions
4. Nuclear power plants can explode like a bomb
5. Microwave ovens (or other electronics) can cause cancer
6. Medieval people thought the world was flat

I read in the comments of Digg a funny #7

7. Blogs are a reliable source of information.

(Thanks Digg)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the story behind the article is kind of funny. There was a similar one a while ago on digg that I thought got everything wrong. So I decided to write my own, but couldn't really come up with many things, so I left the article in the "incomplete" folder for a while. But I moved back to Stanford this weekend, and very little time, so I posted it regardless. And it's gotten me over 40,000 hits. Go figure.

But everything written it is something that I've gotten from good authority and/or researched myself. There are undoubtedly people who think I'm wrong, but a cursory look at either Google or Wikipedia will show that I'm not.

Also, I try not to be a smarty-pants, but I do know a lot of random things.

September 26, 2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

ahh the power of the internet...

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know more about the article

And knowledge of many random things....hmmm may still be a smarty pants (j/k)

September 27, 2006 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com