Friday, October 13, 2006

Movies I Still Need To See

Still haven't gotten around to see Science of Sleep...that needs to happen soon!

And a new film I think coming out this weekend:
Running with Scissors - based on the book (A Memoir) written by Augusten Burroughs

From IMDB: Young Augusten Burroughs (Cross) absorbs experiences that could make for a shocking memoir: the son of an alcoholic father (Baldwin) and an unstable mother (Bening), he's handed off to his mother's therapist, Dr. Finch (Cox), and spends his adolescent years as a member of Finch's bizarre extended family.

This movie looks really great. I love movies about dysfunctional families and weirdo characters. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is playing the daughter of Dr. Finch - which reminds me of one of my favorite movies - The Royal Tenenbaums.

2 Comments:

Blogger happy roy said...

i never got into the book. i couldn't get past the first half for some reason. maybe now that i'm done with school, i'll dig that book up and finish it so i can be ready for the movie!

October 13, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I'm definitely with you on Science of Sleep, but they just don't show movies that good in my little corner of the world ... oh well, at least there's DVD!

October 13, 2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com