Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Project Runway - Season 3 - Episode 14 - Finale Part 2



The fabulous final four are showing at fashion week - but not before one last dramatic twist concludes.



Jeffrey starts calling Tim wanting to know what he needs to do to stay in. Tim tells him one receipt is missing and one of the shorts that was pleated may not make it in because there isn't a receipt for the pleating work. Jeffrey immediately gets to work making a skirt to replace the shorts just in case that piece cannot come in.

So did Jeffrey cheat? According to the receipts he did not. But he was missing a receipt for the shorts being pleated and he did go over budget by about $200. The solution? The shorts are out and get rid of some items so he isn't over budget anymore. So what did he get rid of? The wigs:


Bye Bye Blondie

Everyone seems happy with the outcome - even Laura. She has to admit this is an even playing field - well, if you call a workroom the size of a department store an even playing field. But hey that is all besides the point now...


The one thing I loved about this episode is how they got to the action quickly. They didn't drag out the Jeffrey drama past the first commercial. The designers were quickly taken to Bryant Park, getting the models ready for the runway, and even doing a little pre-runway interviews. Quickly the "Wowness turned to work" and the designers were frantically getting their collections ready for the runway.



So let me just say the first second I saw Jeffrey's line come down the runway I immediately said "Jeffrey won!!" I don't know why I would know it so quickly, but there was so much cohesion and a clear vision - I just knew he was the winner. And I have been rooting for Uli all season!



As the lines were coming down the runway you should have heard me cheering and clapping for each designer. And I am always amazed how much better the outfits look on television - when you can see the fabric move around and actually see layers and details. (I think this applied the most for Jeffrey).



Oh, and the music is great too! Each designer picked music that fit their personality - I think I enjoyed Michael's music the most.


And the Judges tonight were Nina Garcia, Heidi Klum, Michael Kors and Fern Mallis.



And the moment you have all been waiting for....All 4 lines at Olympus Fashion Week


Jeffrey's Family




The judges really loved Jeffrey's line. The only dress that confused them was the blue Uli type dress (see 3rd from last above). They said clearly his strong point is his sporty edge. The judges felt that Jeffrey dressed the same girl for every occasion in her life - parties, movies, even work. He tried hard not to look schizophrenic and he pulled it off. There was plenty of variety but somehow it all fit together. Honestly, I did not like Jeffrey's line before I saw it all come together on the runway. I couldn't see myself in anything he made - but I see how the Judge's would love how he had a clear unique point of view.


Uli's Family



The Judges were also very impressed by Uli. Apparently after the show everyone wanted to know how to get Uli to design for them. She was a winner no matter what. The only downfall to Uli's line is that the Judges didn't feel that there was a story connecting all of the pieces. Would one woman wear all of these outfits? Who is this woman? Either way, everything was beautiful and she deserved all the praise.


Laura's Family



Laura clearly intended to pull off an elegant evening gown collection. The only problem - where is the "wow" factor that makes the Judges see she is more than a designer for her own closet? She said the feathers were supposed to shake things up a bit. I don't really see the difference - but the outfits were still beautiful.


Michael's Family





Michael was the fan favorite. When he came out to introduce his line the tent started cheering. The crowd loves him. Unfortunately, his outfits didn't really live up to the hype. Michael Kors felt Michael turned the volume up too high. It was clear he made an amateur mistake and went beyond a good taste level to try and wow the audience. Sadly, he went too far. Although, the judges did admit there was an outfit for every type of day - bathingsuits, evening gown, casual daytime - he got it covered. Too bad he didn't edit himself a little more. I am sure he has plenty of people looking for him to give him a job. Let's hope he is ready for it.






So who is the winner? If you didn't already know....




The final two came down to Uli and Jeffrey...and the winner was...



JEFFREY!!!




Congratulations Jeffrey and Marilinda!!



Many times throughout the season the contestant who stresses the most during the episode ends up winning - and this time it was the same. Jeffrey said this entire experience was very intense - so of course he would end up with the title of winner. And I think he deserved it. The line just made sense and he has his own point of view. There is no question he can create thought provoking outfits - I just wonder, who is going to buy it? Well, that really doesn't matter considering most high fashion designers aren't everyday clothing designers.



So Project Runway, I am going to miss you. My week really is going to be lacking something now. I guess I will just have to keep on checking in with Blogging Project Runway for my fix until the next season starts.

p. s. - over at Amber's blog (my aim is true) she has some great pictures from the runway in high resolution. And of course her recap is great too! Check it out.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kovoor36 said...

yay for jeffrey! i wasnt his fan until midseason, but after that i totally was rooting for him or michael to take it. i think his line was really nice and deserved it!! and now i am sad too. what to do without project runway on wednesday? at leats we still have lost:)

October 19, 2006 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna miss your recaps... til season 4 that is!

October 19, 2006 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved the music in all 4 shows! anyone know what those songs were?

October 22, 2006 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love uliherzner's music so much~~~~would you kindly to tell me the name or send it to me?
rabbitpurple@hotmail.com
thanks!!

January 29, 2008 3:37 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Uli's runway music from Season 3 of Project Runway is called "Doggy Fun". I think the song is by Barefoot Music, but I am not entirely sure.

They sell a cd of project runway songs online and Uli's runway song is a "bonus track". See this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Project-Original-Soundtrack-Barefoot-Sanders/dp/B000JFY0EI

That is all the information I have. Hope that helps. Thanks for your comment.

January 29, 2008 11:42 AM  
Blogger Maggie California said...

OMG. Well, I think that Jeffrey is an asshole. I think that Micheal should won.

May 06, 2009 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com