Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chocolate Festival - Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens

This past Saturday Elad and I headed over to Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens to check out the Chocolate Festival that I gushed over on Friday.

I will agree that the Chocolate Festival wasn't all that. I only got a thimble of hot chocolate for free (but it was really yummy!! it had a Mexican recipe with mole). We bought a chocolate covered cookie and some chocolate covered pretzels which were great.

Otherwise we really enjoyed the scenery. We spent a few hours walking around the gardens and taking it in. They currently have a Dale Chihuly exhibit with glass sculptures mixed in with the plants and flowers. Check it out:

(click on each picture to see a larger version)




















Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dazd said...

Love the pics!

March 07, 2007 1:01 PM  
Blogger IGA said...

Really gorgeous photos! This same exhibit was in Atlanta recently - I missed it, and now I'm kicking myself!

March 07, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

OH YUM! I love chocolate covered pretzels. & Chihuly, that's way cool, i didn't know that they still had his art of display, yippie!

March 07, 2007 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com