Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Austin Countdown Begins!

For almost 4 months I have been waiting for the Austin City Limits Music Festival. I have studied the lineup, booked tickets, got a rental car, found a hotel and researched the city. And now it is finally here!!! I am going with Elad and a group of friends for a full weekend of music and Austin. I've never been to Austin before so I am really looking forward to checking out the city in between rocking out!

So the latest music news is that the White Stripes have just canceled a chunk of their current tour which includes the Austin festival. That means that the Arcade Fire now is going to have a crowded stage which will force me to camp out at the stage for almost 2 hours to get a good spot. But hell, it's worth it! I have wanted to see the Arcade Fire for way more than 2 years now so I am going to do what I need to see them from closer than a mile away.

Peter, Bjorn and John's set has been pushed to 3:30pm on Friday, which is great for me because before their set was at the same time I landed in Austin. As we have posted before, PB&J is a band we really enjoy so it is great I don't have to miss out on that.

And as for Austin - I hear they have some good bar-be-que - so bring-it-on! I'm going to have a car so I plan on driving around and finding the best of Austin.

Any suggestions from folks who have been out there before?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elad said...

those Austin organizers are fast! Muse has been pushed up to the White Stripe's former position. That shouldn't alleviate all the crowdedness that the Stripes would have attracted, but it's better than Arcade Fire being the only band playing on Saturday night.

I was actually looking forward to checking out Muse in the late Saturday afternoon (I was a fan wayyyy back in the day), but I'll live.

September 12, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger SuperBee said...

Carolina and Vivek are going there. Look out for my Miami Friends there! Have fun y'all!

September 12, 2007 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com