Monday, October 01, 2007

Bad Taste?

When I saw this shirt online this morning I laughed. I mean, the premise is funny and I know people (maybe me?) who online-stalk (thank you google, myspace, friendster...facebook one day soon?).

But I didn't realize that some people actually live in fear of their stalker. One woman in particular was really upset about this shirt being sold at Wal-Mart.

"People don't realize how serious stalking is," she said. "You constantly live in fear, look over your shoulder and suffer from psychological and physical symptoms due to the stress of the stalker."
She wondered aloud: What's next?

"Some say it's rape, I call it hot sex"? Or: "Some call it domestic violence, I say I'm just teaching her a lesson"?

Again, not funny. Right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kovoor36 said...

i think many of us are guilty of the internet "stalk" but of course it is a very serious issue and id have to say it probably crosses the line, but many of the "funny" t-shirts that are sold at your novelty store are. im assuming since walmarts or mainstream, it defly was a bad idea to put into stores.

October 01, 2007 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com