Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Beautiful Brown Bean

Is it part of human nature to have addictions?

For years I tried to stop myself from having any addictions - but recently a certain someone has made coffee part of my daily routine. At first I was hesitant because I didn't want to be addicted. But the truth is I LOVE COFFEE - I always have - the smell - the taste - the feeling.

Then this morning I started thinking about it - I am probably addicted to a lot of things. My whole life I tried to not have addictions and in the meantime just ignored the fact that I watch tons of TV, love sweets, and sleep a lot.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how i agree with you...

June 28, 2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger elad said...

:)

(will post more here, too busy smiling right now.)

June 28, 2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger elad said...

in. desperate. need. of. coffee.

June 28, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger elad said...

got it!

Had my patented Starbucks drink, invented by Shawn, I must admit: Grande No-Whip Vanilla Bean Frap With A Double Shot. YUMM-EE.

Now, I'm not one for fancy coffee drinks. Gimme simple coffee from a coffeemachine, a little creamer, no sugar, and i'm good. I couldn't imagine my life without coffee. It stimulates, it motivates, it keeps me awake.

When I lived in SF, I drank two cups of the strongest brew I've ever had a day. Played havoc on my stomach, but oh man, it kept me alert and creative. Big cups, too! I'd sit with my afternoon cup of coffee in my comfy chair and read for a full hour, smoking two or three cigarettes and just enjoying my calm, simple, stupid little life.

As for addictions (I have some experience in that department), I think, Yes. We are predisposed to addiction. We find things we like, we do them, a lot. Our mind and body crave them. The big question, of course, is Why?

And I wonder if anyone here feels themselves free of addictions?

June 28, 2005 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com