Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Something I Wish Would Work

World Car Free Day

Each year on September 22, people from around the world gather to celebrate World Carfree Day and to show alternatives to the automobile. The 'official' carfree day is September 22, but many cities hold activities all week or on another more convenient day (such as on the weekend). With the ever-expanding EU-sponsored European Mobility Week (which isn't just European anymore, with 1,544 cities in 40 countries participating this year), the idea of dedicating at least one day a year to promoting alternatives to car use seem to be catching on.

For more information go to: http://www.worldcarfree.net/

Technically I could carpool with Elad and make him come back out hours after he gets home to pick me up from work...but I doubt that will happen.

If it helps we only use one car on the weekends!

1 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

I'd like to do this. But it would probably involve getting up at least an hour earlier to catch a bus that may or may not take me where I wanna go.

:(

September 21, 2005 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com