Friday, October 28, 2005

Silence...

First, I would like to apologize for not posting this week on the blog. Due to Hurricane Wilma, Elad and I were without power up until late Wednesday night. Unlike the over 3.6 million other people in South Florida, we luckily now have power. And what about the rest of the residents taking cold showers, eating non-perishable food, and bored of playing cards? They should expect power around mid to late November.

Since we live in a very touristy part of South Beach, the area was one of the first in South Florida to get power, because where would Miami be without the money coming in from tourism? However, for those first three days without power, all streets that surrounded the residential part that we live in had power. So literally one block behind my house was fully functioning. But now I cannot complain since almost everyone I know that lives in Broward and parts of Miami still do not have power.

If Yom Kippor didn't make me realize how good I have it, Hurricane Wilma sure did.

But in other sad news, I found out today that the Halloween Death Cab for Cutie concert, which I have been looking forward to for weeks now, is cancelled due to Hurricane Wilma's destruction. This definitely is bringing me down...but maybe Ben Gibbard will find it somewhere in his heart to reschedule and come back soon.

I would like to thank Julie for remembering the blog exists, however I must admit that I am little disappointed with the blog lately. In the past few weeks I have consistently posted in hopes that more people would read and comment, but it seems that this blog will end up in the same place that all the other millions of blogs are going...(nowhere)...which is sad because I was really having fun posting stories and links with that constant hope that someone was paying attention (besides Elad).

But that doesn't mean that I am done with the blog (or as I sometimes say "I am shutting down the blog"). Because I am still addicted to reading junk on the internet, I will still always have that desire to share what I find. So, alas, the blog won't go completely and forever silent anytime soon.

(By the way, this is post #201)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up to you Shawn!
If it is good enough for you i was missing your addings on the blog, always coming with great stories in many diff. things.
I really truly enjoy your blog so.. I would say, keep up!
I read most of it and sometimes might write or not. Anyway there was soemtime ago I asked myself if you consider this an open blog or private like, just for the people who signs in to it.

After Wilma and knowing of you in the area I was hoping when you or Elad would start posting again.
So, girl, pls go ahead!

October 28, 2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Aw thank you for the positive words! Even though I still don't know your name, I do realize that you are probably the #1 reader and commentor on the blog. So thanks for reading and sticking with us. I am not giving up just yet...just wanted to share my thoughts...I will be back to normal soon :)

October 28, 2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger elad said...

i'll always be around.

Wilma kind-of shellshocked us. We definitely didn't expect it to be stronger than Katrina and I personally thought Miami-Dade would get nothing but a brush-by. the amount of destruction and the lack of power really opened my eyes to the reality of life down here.

i also realized how much i depended on techonolgy, which is natural in this modern age, but also a little disconcerting. it ended up being kinda fun trying to figure out how to make food and enterain ourselves by candelight.

October 28, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

i'm so happy to hear that you guys have electricity back! it's awful not having the basic luxuries that we all take for granted. you're right, elad.

btw shawn, i'm so sorry that i have been lax with reading, commenting and posting on this blog. although i read all sorts of nonsense and/or news everyday, i didn't see anything blogworthy and i've been in kind of a creative writing rut lately. i'll try to be better. =)

but in the meantime, please do not get discouraged by the lack of response. even if no one comments, im sure they all enjoy your random postings everyday like i do. =)

October 28, 2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger bonnie said...

I still read all the time, I actually have you on my feeds list so that I know when you update!

Its a great blog with intelligent and witty posts, please don't feel like it doesn't do anything. I haven't updated mine nearly enough lately, or commented because I've been job-searching and crazy in new york... but I will get back there. until I do, know that I'm reading even if I don't always comment!

-Bonnie

October 28, 2005 5:08 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

aww thank you Bonnie and Julie. I didn't write the post to complain -- I was just feeling kinda down and had to get it out there somehow. But I really appreaciate the positive reinforcement. I will continue posting normally once I find something interesting to post about. Until then - don't worry - I totally understand that everyone has a life and I don't expect everyone to be avid readers or commenters. it isn't like i post comments all the time on all the blogs I read - and that doesn't mean that what they write isnt interesting....that is just something i need to remember

Bonnie - best of luck with the recent job hunt. where in ny are you living now? i dont think i saw on the blog where you new place is located. oh and a special thanks for having the blog on your feed list - that makes me happy!

Julie - you are right, there has been a lack of blog worthy news lately - unless you want to talk politics - which is usually interesting but for some reason, right now, not so inspiring.

October 28, 2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger kovoor36 said...

i still read too!! but life has jus tbeen crazy where i may take a few minutes to read updates, i dont comment always! dont give up! i dont know what i'd do!! and im glad to hear you and elad are ok thru the storm!!:)

October 30, 2005 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com