Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Did She Go Too Far?

Some parents in a local [Pittsburgh] school district say the principal was out of line for taking by the hand an 8-year-old accused of stealing into every classroom in the school and telling kids she is a thief and a liar.

Marlene Whitby is the principal of William Penn Elementary School.

The parents of the little girl she humiliated say she scarred their child for life.

The girl's father told Channel 4 Action News, "What good can you get out of that -- abusing a child? What good can you get out of that."

Another student accused his 8-year-old daughter of stealing $5.

That's when her family says Whitby walked the girl into each and every classroom at William Penn, telling all of the students she was a thief and a liar.

Later, the girl's accuser recanted her story.


The story goes on to detail the uproar in the town...but this is the worst part...

One of the saddest parts of the story is that the girl's father says the little girl's sister kicked her out of their room because the principal said she was a bad person.

1 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

my elementary school principal was an evil man. to my perspective, he was like the devil in his small dungeon-like office. to be sent to him was a death sentence.

when i was in second grade, he slapped or chastised in a pyshical way one of my friends and his parents took him out of my school for good. it made me angry.

when i was like in seventh and eighth grade (the end of my life at this school) i started getting more and more brazenly defiant. my father at this point had FOUR children in his school and paying tens of thousands of dollars for all of us to go there and I knew the principal wouldn't dare do anything against me. i made his life miserable as much as i could.

i had my revenge.

November 09, 2005 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com