Thursday, March 02, 2006

Links Du Jour

Shout-out of the day: my buddy from San Fran's active blog.

Wiki of the Day: Jonathan Safran Foer. there was a minor error on this page and I corrected it, providing me with a minor thrill. I tried to read Foer's recent novel, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and failed. After hearing so much about this young writer, I couldn't finish his novel. It was strange, out-there, fascinating (in a way), but it didn't seem to make any sense to me. But then I read the short story, "A Primer for the Punctuation of Heart Disease" in The Best American Non-Required Reading 2003 and was blown away. It's a charming joke of a story with serious subject matter. I find that dichotomy intoxicating and will seek out more of his work for similiar pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com