Monday, June 12, 2006

Free at Last!!

Loyal readers of this blog may recall this post, whereas I chronicled the Day My Youth Died.

Well, today, I revert back to my childish self. It is the offical first day of "The Summer" and that means, Tropical Storm's are flying towards Florida, and the summer dress code has started at my job. No tie till September! Woo-hoo!!

I quickly got over the whole "end of the world" feeling that accompained me beginning to wear a tie. I got use to it. It added a level of maturity to my demeanor. It was something to play with when bored listening to someone's spiel. But, now that I don't have it on, I'm glad to see it gone. I feel lighter, freer. I can wash my hands without worrying about getting it wet. I can wear whatever shirt I want no matter whether it matches or not. I won't stand out at Burger King!

Now, if they could just reduce the offical work day for about an hour during the summer, then we'll be talking some serious freedom. I'll put in recommendation at the next all-staff meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com