Monday, February 12, 2007

Anna...

We all know the insanity surrounding the life and death of Anna Nicole Smith. What is interesting to me is that one of the most controversial issues is how she should be remembered.

Some people speak of her in a negative light - saying she found ways to use the media and was self-destructive - others try and put a positive spin saying she was still a mother and friend and should be respected for the sake of the people who are grieving.

What is your take on it?

How would you like to be remembered if it was your time? Does that change your opinion on how Anna should be remembered?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sad that her life ended the way it did. She seemed like a clown that was always smiling and appeared happy on the outside, but truly she was sad on the inside. I can't imagine what she felt losing a child and my guess is that it was too much to bare. I enjoyed her. I was sad to hear of her passing at such a young age. She had a tough life and was always mocked, I can only say RIP Anna Nicole Smith. I hope you are in a better place.

February 12, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger IGA said...

Personally, I've been saddened by the tragedy as well. It almost seems fitting that a life that was so fraught with grief should end in such a spectacle.

I'd like to think that when I go, or when anyone goes, that we will be remembered by the good that we've done. I'd like to think that it is our positive contributions and the ways in which we touched lives that will be remembered.

Sadly, however, I fear Anna may only be remembered as the media buffoon she allowed herself to be viewed as. Forgotten will be the woman who seemed to be sensitive, loving, and fragile.

February 12, 2007 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com