Monday, February 19, 2007

Urgh Netscape!!

Anyone remember when Shawn and I discovered how much better the new Netscape is over Internet Explorer? We were thrilled. It was as if we were freed of a demon forced down our their throats. We could swallow, we could breathe.

Now, many months later, Netscape has become that demon. I could not count how many times Netscape crashed on me this past weekend. Every single click resulted in agonizingly still moments where nothing would happen. Finally, I succumbed to the terrible ctrl-alt-delete and the eighteen clicks required to "End Task." It was enough to make someone want to switch Vista! (if I knew what the benefit would be.. anyway.)

Finally, I woke up, "saw the light" (so to speak), and switched (forever, dammit!) to Firefox. What a difference! It has all the things I liked in Netscape - tabs, customization - but without any headaches or any delays. It's quicker, cleaner, and even the web pages look better. The new Blogger seems to like it a lot, too. I don't know how they do it, but the Mozilla people are my new favorite people in the world.

Thank you, Firefox!

3 Comments:

Blogger IGA said...

I jumped on the Firefox bandwagon a few weeks back, myself! I love it, too!

February 20, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger SuperBee said...

Wow, Elad. Welcome to 2005. ;)

February 20, 2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a firefox addict, I 100% recommend it. There are tons of great plugins and skins for pimping out your copy of firefox.

Lifehacker has lots of great articles recommending various firefox plugins.

I also recommend mocking anyone who uses IE, what a piece of bloated junk.

My Firefox article

Bashing IE while loving Firefox Article

Article about how to link in Blogger Comments

February 21, 2007 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com