Monday, February 12, 2007

Wuv, Twue Wuv....

Wednesday will be Valentine's Day - a day of hearts, candy, and the butterflies in the stomach feeling that only being in love can provide.
This Valentine's Day, I have a lot to be thankful for.
For starters, I'm in love.
He's a wonderful man and I couldn't be happier. He is smart and funny; he's cute. He makes me proud of him, and he makes me proud of me.
I entered a contest recently, with a local newspaper, and I was one of the winners. The essay contest asked simply, "What makes this Valentine's Day so Special?"
Well, I wrote:
As a 28-year-old man, this is the first year that I am completely out. I am out to my friends and my family. I am out publicly and professionally. I am eager to celebrate this Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend. We’ve been together for 3 months, and I’m hoping for many more. … For the first time in my life, I am comfortable enough with myself to tell that to the world. So this year, it’s not candy hearts and flowers that have me excited. Nor is it the opportunity to share my life with a great man (although I’ve got that too!). What I’m excited about this Valentine’s Day is that I am a gay man, in a loving and healthy relationship,and I can shout it from the rooftops.

So, this Valentine's Day I am thrilled to be able to say "I'm in love" -
Not just because I'm in love, but because I'm finally comfortable saying it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love hearing a good after-you're-out story. Happy Valentine's Day to the two of you!

February 13, 2007 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com