Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Frustrating Truth

It seems that every flight I have taken in the last year was delayed. Most delays lasted at least an hour. I have been delayed other times somewhere between 3 and 6 hours.

And I am not alone. According to this article, more and more planes are delayed. Although, this article says that more than a quarter of all flights are delayed around 15 minutes. You know I must pick the right flights, because I get delayed 99% of the time and it has never been 15 minutes. I don't even consider a 15 minute delay a real delay.

Some serious changes need to happen in the airline industry. The prices of flights go up, the employees of the airlines take pay cuts and the customer continues to wait for their flight. This is a lose-lose situation.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though its not my favorite airine ...fly southwest. they have been #1 for ontime performance for a few years now(actually i dont know if they still are). I hear for every year they get the #1 spot, all the employees get a bonus!
It's not that the airlines do it on purpose ...they actually strive to get that #1 spot. Some times it's your fellow travelers who make a flight late ...which then goes into a domino effect and makes a bunch of other flights late.
and sometimes that is why there is paycuts ...it's costs the airline lots of money to leave late.
(I work in the travel industry)

July 05, 2007 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com