Thursday, June 15, 2006

Danity Kane?

P. Diddy's all girl "international" super group has been named!!!

DANITY KANE

(WHAT?!?!?!?!)

I give that a big DOWNGRADE!

Hey, don't forget...Making the Band 3 is back, tonight at 9pm.

MORE ON DANITY KANE AND FIRST EPISODE OF THIS SEASON.

From Stars are Blind

[Diddy] has named the girl power group DANITY KANE, based on a fictional anime character drawn up by singer DAWN.

She tells MTV News, "“We were in the studio and I actually draw anime, and Diddy had been throwing some names at us - Courage,Trust - but we want our name to mean something.

“Diddy looked at the superhero that was the anime that I drew and he was like, "‘What'’s the name of that character?"’ "I was like, "‘Danity Kane,"’ and he was, like, "‘Yo, that'’s dope, you guys can be five superheroes; five girls representing courage, representing all those things in one"”."

And the girls have a Myspace Page which says their first single should debut TODAY. And of course there is an unofficial Myspace Page, too.

Plus they already have a Fan Site (which already doesn't work) and a Wikipedia Page.

Also, a person who commented on my last Danity Kane post has this website dedicated to Making the Band 3.

(Picture Courtesy of Crunktastical)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

How do you even pronounce that? I agree, downgrade! Should be interesting to see the name of the band play out on the show. I bet the girls hate it.

June 15, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I think the girls picked it

June 15, 2006 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn came up with it.

June 18, 2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually really love the name. Dawn came up with the name while she was drawing anime and I think that's cool that the name actually means something to them. Their new single is so HOT too!

June 19, 2006 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com