Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year - YOU PIG!

So, we are now a few days into 2007....and the New Year is undoubtedly a time for reflection. During this first month, we traditionally look back on our past year; we wonder where the time went, we wonder what become of friends lost, we wonder "what was I wearing?"

Okay, not everyone wonders "what was I wearing?", but some of us have more questionable fashion taste than others. But I digress.....this year is the Year of the Pig, according to Chinese lore. Now, I am not Chinese (though I do have an unnatural love for the Crab Rangoon) nor am I particularly superstitious, but bare with me.

A quick look at Wikipedia tells us that people in the year of the pig are "honest, straightforward and patient" people. I think this is a good goal for any of us moving into 2007. Who wouldn't benefit from being more honest and forthright in their relationships? What's so wrong with telling people like it is?

Further reading tells us that the Pig is a person who is a do-gooder. The Pig lives to make other people happy, and they put that energy into all of their relationships. Again...doesn't sound like such bad qualities?

So, as we are all making our New Year's resolutions, let's keep in mind that we are living in the Year of the Pig. So, PIG OUT....be honest, straightforward, and patient. Put your all into your relationships, and try to make other people happy. Maybe in doing so, we'll find that we make ourselves happy as well.

Just a thought......

P.S. I hope I'll blog more in 2007 - that's my resolution! Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I'll agree to that one!!! BE A PIG!

January 04, 2007 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com