Thursday, February 01, 2007

Attn: Contributors

Blogger has required that I upgrade Getting To Maybe and use the newest version of the Blogger program.

What does that mean? I am not really sure if the blog will look any different (except now we can use "labels" - YAY!). But all of the contributors must now create a Google Account in order to create new posts. Please don't think that I kicked you off the contributor's list - this was all done by the hand of Blogger. You are all still very welcome to continue to post, but all you have to do is create a new login with a Google account in order to do so.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please email me if you come across any problems. Thanks!

P.S. - I am already liking the new version of Blogger - easier spell check (doesn't think the word "blog" is spelled wrong anymore) and easier publishing. That said I have only used the new blogger for about 10 minutes. I still haven't been able to get the picture uploading to work, but that might just be a "pop-up" issue. And this is strange but you can actually choose the date and time that your post is published (or says it was published). And yes, that includes back-dating. Interesting.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger happy roy said...

i feel like i've been lured over to the dark side! i was stubbornly trying to avoid switching, but once i switched over for this blog, i had to switch over the other blog too. oh well. i guess it's "progress."

February 01, 2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

SORRY!!! I have been avoiding switching over but today I just could not get around it for some reason. Don't worry the new blogger isn't so bad...you will see.

February 01, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Morris Rosenthal said...

I started using the new Blogger this week, along with labels, and my blog was promptly dropped from the Google search index! I thought labels might be at fault and removed them all, because the page has been online since 2001 and that's the new Blogger was the only change I'm aware of. Wrote about it Internet Publishing Fatigue but I don't feel good about it:-)

February 18, 2007 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com