Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pax Jolie adds to the United Colors of Benneton theme

Angelina's adoption of the approximately 4 year old Vietnamese boy has gone through.

Though there are a lot of haters out there, I can't scorn a woman who opens her home to needy children. I don't care about her motives or the publicity that surrounds her beautiful brood. You can't dispute the fact that a poor child who would have otherwise known a life of limited opportunities is now going to be given more than most of us could ever dream of.

this part of the article brought tears to my eyes though:

"About two dozen children in traditional ao dai formal garb greeted them and offered flowers at the orphanage. Jolie left carrying the boy to a waiting van. "

Could you imagine being one of the children at the orphanage being told to go out and greet some wealthy, famous woman who's going to take one of your friends to live with her? I'm sure they're happy for Pax Thien, but I can't imagine how disconsolate and depressed they must feel at the moment. If it were me, I'd probably be thinking, but why not me too? Or maybe i'm just a brat that way.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I think I would feel the same way. It must be so hard on those little ones...

And I'm not gonna give Angelina any shit for adopting. I think she is doing a great thing by bringing awareness to these countries and the children who are suffering.

But why does she always have to change their names? You know Pax had a name before Angelina changed it - His name was Pham Quang Sang.

Anyway, here is a picture of the soon to be new Jolie.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/7769

March 15, 2007 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com