Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Who Is Lily Allen?

I don't know who Lily Allen is or what kind of music she plays or if she is any good at all. But I did just read that she canceled a whole slew of US Tours and here is the reason she gave on her Myspace Blog for canceling the tour:

Hey Guys ,
I'm writing to tell you that I have cancelled many of my May and June tour commitments in America . The reason for this , is because my mummy and daddy are very rich , and I have never been in a position where i have actually had to do any hard work before . I thought that being a popstar meant going out getting trashed with famous people and sleeping in all day . The fact that this is not true has come as a huge dissapiontment to me , and as a result I am throwing the towel in .

No but seriously , I have been on tour with this album for a year now , I have fulfilled every commitment up to this point . I am tired , but more than that I don't think I have been giving my best performances recently . I have been getting really drunk because i've been so nervous about doing bad shows , and I don't want people spending money on a going to see a show that isnt the best it could be . I am not falling apart at the seems , I am not suffering with exhaustion , I am not pregnant , and I am not going to rehab . I will be here in America , promoting the album and also starting to write the second album , which I am beyond excited about . The LA and New York shows will still be happening , and I am still playing Coachella and Bonaroo and all the other festivals .

I'd like to apologise to anyone who has bought tickets , but you can get your money back , if you take 'em back to the place you bought them from .

Who says that? Seriously? That isn't a way to keep fans! Do you see Madonna getting tired? And she is like double your age!!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elad said...

i kinda like her honesty, but i do think she's playing the part of the whiny brat. try working a 9-5 job and complaining you're tired and drinking too much to do a good job. i'm not really a fan of hers but a lot of respected people are, so I give her the benefit of the doubt. still, like you said, if Madonna can still bring it like she means every night..

April 17, 2007 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com