Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Little Kid Post of the Day

I am a huge fan of cereal. I will eat it any time of the day. But now that I'm getting older I can't indulge in the Cocoa Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which I loved so much as a kid.

But fortunately, there are some good "big kid" cereals that have a great taste and are still good for you.

Kashi has come out with some excellent cereals like Kashi Go Lean Crunch - Honey Almond Flax.
It reminds me a lot of Honey Smacks (another favorite as a kid - remember the "Dig Em" Frog?).

Kashi has the puffed wheat and honey goodness but on top of that it has protein, fiber and Omega-3 (which I have no clue what they are).

Kashi also has a cereal called Organic Promise Cinnamon Harvest

It brings me back to the good old Frosted Mini Wheats, except there is no yummy layer of sugar on the outside.
But just because there is no sugar layer doesn't mean it isn't sweat and yummy. Kashi uses Evaporated Cane Juice and you still get some of that fiber goodness that us old folks need.

So I can't be a little kid anymore - but I can at least pretend for a few minutes each day.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Elad said...

cereal is so great. i don't eat it much because I can't take too much milk but everytime I have, it brings me right back to being 10 years old having three bowls of Honey Nut Cherrio's every morning!

June 05, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger kovoor36 said...

i love cereal too! but i dont wake up early enough in the morning to have breakfast and get to work on time and i just plain forget most other times or have no/spoiled milk in the fridge. i am having cereal for dinner tonite and i refuse to believe frosted mini wheats is bad for me.

June 05, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Mags said...

Cereal is awesome. I love it so much.

Have you tried the Kashi Strawberry Fields? I love it so much, I want to marry it.

June 05, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

And furthermore:

kovoor36: Take heart - I just read in Women's Health magazine that Frosted Mini Wheats is one of the more healthier "mainstream" cereals out there.

June 05, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Oh and I saw that Mini Wheats is now "organic" so I guess that is supposed to be better, too.

Thanks Mags for the Kashi Strawberry Fields suggestion - that will be next on my shopping list!

June 05, 2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Design By Bain said...

good creal picks shawn! no doubt we are sisters, being vegan I'm happy about the fact that so many of these cereals are vegan, and I can have rice milk!!!! Making me hungry

June 07, 2007 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com