Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What Would You Do If You Could Do Anything?

Inspired by this rather lengthy but fascinating article about the possibility of time travel, I posit this question. If, according to the article, time travel is not impossible, what would you do if you could go back? Or forward?

Would you go far far into the past, see Rome or the Cruxifcation? Would you keep it local, go back to a central point in your life, and say something different to her or him? Would you kill Hitler? Or warn the people walking into the WTC on 9/11? Would you be active or passive?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Would I want to go back to a great moment in my life and enjoy it again? Would I manage to screw it up by going back and trying to enjoy it?

Maybe I would want to go to the 1960's. When people were idealistic and all that free love crap. Plus it would be cool to feel the tension in the air. People thought that big changes were about to happen in the world so it would be cool to experience that....Maybe go to woodstock and party it up.

June 29, 2005 2:02 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

There are many days I wish I could go back to a time when I didn't know what 9/11 was.

June 29, 2005 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3000 years into the future. Sell the contents of my pockets to an antique dealer. Buy an antigravity belt, a Toyota Starjumper 9000, and a lifetime subscription to the holodeck network.

June 29, 2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

i'm with you shawn, i'd love to go back to 9/10 just for that reason.

June 30, 2005 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com