Friday, July 15, 2005

in the words of stephanie tanner, "how RUDE!"

sometimes the rudeness of people leaves me completely speechless. (yes, i know, hard to imagine).

i was la dee dah'ing my way down the street the other day. i was on my way to work. it was a beautiful day: the sun was bright, the birds were chirping, the air quality was great, the dog crap under my foot was...hold up. dog crap?? yes that's right, i was so entranced by the beauty of the morning that i completely missed the HUGE pile of dog crap some inconsiderate jerk left in the middle of the sidewalk. this pile was so huge, for a minute, i was thought i was in washington square park and was looking at a tremendous mess of horse crap. i ended up stepping RIGHT on it and i went sliding down the sidewalk. i tried to scrap as much as i could off my shoe, but some crap was stuck in the groove between the heel and the sole of the shoe. i ended up having to endure the overpowering smell of the crap (WHAT do the owners feed this dog??) until i was able to wipe it off with a wet towel at work.

now one huge reason for me NOT to want to have children is knowing i'll have to wipe some baby's ass and pretend that the stench of the poop doesn't make me gag. but i figure that i'll love my child and so maybe i'll get used to it. however, this reluctance to deal with poop firsthand is what has kept me from owning a pet. if you're going to own a pet, take care of it and all its excrement. it's that simple.

what rudeness ruined your day or week?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I had an attorney call me and scream at me for his mistakes. Ruined three days of work.

July 16, 2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger elad said...

ahhh, man, julie. i HATE that. i make a point of cleaning up after my dog. (cool story, btw, well written.)

As for me, I try not to let other people rudeness get in the way of my happiness. If I did, I'd never be happy.

July 16, 2005 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com