Monday, August 01, 2005

August means....

Certain months always trigger memories. For me August probably has the most vivid memories because it is my birthday month and I love to do special things on my birthday. That usually means something like a trip to Key West, a big birthday BBQ, or a trip to another state...and of course a nice slice of birthday cake! This year the weekend before my birthday will be spent in Boston - first attending a wedding and then partying with great friends in a great city. And let me not forgot that the big move to South Beach will take place on my birthday!!! (oh i am counting down the days!!!!)

Got some good birthday memories to share?

Also, August seems like a big month for people to take vacations. Almost every person I know is on some form of vacation right now - and I am jealous! Let's name a few trips going on right now -- cross country America, NY, New Zealand/Australia, LA -- well, the list goes on.

So where would you like to go on vacation?

7 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Damn! I will just have to try and eat your website (again) :)

If by any chance you are not busy the evening of Saturday August 13th - I will be in Boston if you want to take a trip! Elad and I are staying with Seonah -- during the day we have a wedding but at night we plan to partaaaaaay!

August 01, 2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger elad said...

Shawn and I were dreaming about a big European vacation yesterday. Possibly a head-to-toe type thing, starting in Holland, and zig-zagging our way down the countryside towards Italy.

On the more realistic side, I'd like to go back to San Francisco. It's been awhile now and I miss it so much. I'd like to see some of the NorthWest for the first time. Go up to Seattle and Portland, maybe see some shows.

August 01, 2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Damn food network and their tours of Italy!!!

August 01, 2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger happy roy said...

my friend and i planned on doing a south and southeast asia trip after we graduated from nyu, but i started my job in june and needed to save $ for an apt so we never got to go. now she's married with children and our chance has passed us by. if i have an opportunity (and the $), i would love to go all over india, thailand, malaysia, singapore, hong kong, the maldives and sri lanka.

August 02, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger happy roy said...

my friend and i planned on doing a south and southeast asia trip after we graduated from nyu, but i started my job in june and needed to save $ for an apt so we never got to go. now she's married with children and our chance has passed us by. if i have an opportunity (and the $), i would love to go all over india, thailand, malaysia, singapore, hong kong, the maldives and sri lanka.

August 02, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Chai said...

my birthday is aug 25th. i have so many birthday memories, some fond, some i would love to erase.

last year, i was asleep all day cause i just got back home from India.

the year before that, i had school.
the year before that, school started on my birthday...the first day of law school. not fun.

my 21st was tragic because aaliyah died in a plane crash.

my 18th- my boyfriend forgot but made up for it later..

my 5th birthday was probably the best. i was the center of attention and that's all anyone wants on their birthdays (even if they dont ask for it!).

thanks for allowing me to share! =)

August 08, 2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger elad said...

wow. eventful birthdays. but that's kinda cool, to have those memories and be it linked to a specific day and year. except for the one about aayliah. i remember that day very well. it was tough.

August 08, 2005 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com