Monday, July 25, 2005

Villain! Thy Name Is Morning.

For a few weeks now, I have to get up in the dark portion of the morning to make it on time for work. I've actually had to wake up earlier, when I worked in a coffeshop in downtown Manhattan and lived in the Bronx. But if I was waking up early, I was opening the shop and my shift would be over by like noon or 1 and I'd be home by the early afternoon. This is different.

Today, this glorious Monday, around three-thirty I really started to burn out. My brain was fried and I started feeling claustrophobic in that low-ceilinged office. Somehow, I made it through to five and then through an hour of rained-on traffic to come home. Put on a little music, sip some coffee. Relax for once.

I ask again, how the fuck do people do this their entire lives? This whole working and getting up and doing it again and again every single day.

I'll say it again, Reality is totally overrated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Overrated is the word.

July 25, 2005 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com