Thursday, July 21, 2005

Today's fun news...

Yay for Gays!
Canada just legalized gay marriage - they now join the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain in helping bring law in line with reality.

In other news....
A funny Reuters article today was actually called "Get ready to email this one to your friends..."
Article had nothing to do with email -- it said that a group of teachers in England want to change the word "fail" on report cards to "deferred success" -- i guess to make the kids feel better about themselves.

Anyone else got a good news story of the day?

4 Comments:

Blogger bonnie said...

Its nice to know that when I want to get married, the list of countries that I can ex-pat to are steadily growing. Very exciting :)

I'm thinking a Barcelona wedding would be lovely!

and thank you for beginning this (or any) entry with "Yay for Gays!"

July 21, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Hey is this NYU Bonnie???

Great to see you on the blog!! Thanks for the comment :)

Barcelona wedding would be very lovely...maybe up in the hills....with tapas

July 21, 2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger bonnie said...

It is! It is NYU Bonnie. I got to your blog from your friendster page, cause every now and again I like to check and see how you and Diana and Amee are all doing (as much as you can tell from friendster). and I love blogs, so I came to check it out, and I love the idea of team blogs. I actually have one too. Its devoted to posting random/odd things. Oglemy.blogspot.com
it actually has the same layout as this one for now, I'm working on some graphics for it.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I hadn't realized that you wrote back to my comment until today!

~b

July 28, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Sweet!!! Great to see that you visited the site! I have linked to you now on this blogroll and will definetly come check out your site :)

July 28, 2005 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com