Thursday, July 21, 2005

What does your day consist of?

Does it feel like many days blend into each other because the same things happen all the time?

Well I just realized that almost every day I am contacted by some attorney being extremely rude and telling me something jerky -- and then I have to try and defend myself and then deal with his bullshit. It isn't my fault that attorneys don't know how to comply with certain rules -- if they don't comply I call them out on it -- and then they get all pissy when they are caught.

What is even more frustrating is that they try to belittle me and instead of asking for me when they call my office they say something like "let me speak to what's her name" --- um hello I have a name. In fact, I have a Bar number just like you! Or if they do know my name they try to play on the fact that I am a young girl that probably doesn't know anything.

So I guess my day consists of being disrespected a lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

Being disrespected is terrible. Especially because you're a lawyer and you've earned their damn respect. Shit ain't right.

July 21, 2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Well what's worse is that these jerks just perpetuate the bad reputation that attorney's get. I try to do the right thing and then I get treated like crap. I just don't know why they are on such a power trip.

July 21, 2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger elad said...

continue to fight the good fight, shawn. don't go down to their level!

July 21, 2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I'm starting to worry that people treated them like they treat me when they started out - and now they feel like they have no choice to treat others this way. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

July 21, 2005 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com