Monday, July 18, 2005

Blank Canvas

Moving into a new place can be exciting. You can fill this new space with all the things you always wanted. Elad and I (ok maybe just me) are going to be shop-a-holics for the next few weeks finding all the little things that we will probably find useless in a few months.

Is there anything in your home that you think is the best invention ever? Something you think every home should have but usually doesn't? Something that you couldn't image your life without?

I have a rubber gripper to open stubborn jars that has always been helpful and will join us on this move.
And of course, the coffee machine.
To purchase: plastic bag holder.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I just realized how strange a plastic bag holder is - an item to hold another item that holds items. weird.

July 18, 2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

melody - sorry to break it to you - but most homes have an oven -- hehehe.

July 18, 2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

But I dont blame you -- the kitchen equipment is important - i have been without a kitchen for over 2 months and it is starting to kill me.

July 18, 2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger elad said...

hehe. plastic bag holder.

i'm looking forward to setting up actual space with a conscious effort. like, "this is writing space." "this is chilling space." right now, i live in Shawn's room in her mom's house and there isn't much organization.

also, i'll be retreiving my ultra-comfy desk chair from my mom's clutches. i really miss it. can't wait!

July 18, 2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I feel for you girl.

July 18, 2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

shawn, you can make your own plastic bag holder. take a gallon container (like the one that holds milk) and cut off the top. then you can nail that in the back of the cupboard under the sink. you can save a few bucks. =)

ok i forget that you don't have to live on a meager law student's budget anymore. nevermind. =)

it's not an absolute necessity b/c i found that binder clips work just as well, but i can't stand stale chips/cookies/etc. so i need some sort of bag clip.

July 19, 2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Julie - don't you remember anything about me? I am super cheap. I could be a fancy lawyer with a real job but I still love the tips to save a buck. THANKS! I am totally gonna try it. :)

And I am a fan of the bag clip as well - I have a bunch at home.

July 19, 2005 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com