Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Achievements

This year has been one for growth, change and achievements. I have fully entered into a new professional world and will soon be moving into a new apartment. Elad just got a great new job (CONGRATS!!) which I am super proud of right now. We are both growing into this new part of our lives --- eeeeek ---- adulthood!

What does all this mean in light of my post about the Quarter Life Crisis? Are the mid-20 somethings out there just afraid of something that isn't really a problem? Are the standards just too high? Maybe it is just a fear of that whole "sell out" factor?

Achievement seems to be possible but we tell ourselves we are going to fail. And when we really try, some how things manage to work out.

So does this mean that hard work pay off?

6 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

wow, i shouldn't be allowed to use so many cliches

July 19, 2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger elad said...

hahaha.

you're swept up with emotion there, shawn. sometimes the cliches just fly out and there's nothing you can do about it, trust me.

re: the Quarter Life Crisis. I think it's really easy to slack off and then complain about it. But, I think a lot of 20-something's are actually empowered by seeing their friends or family slack off (maybe see their government being blind) and they say, "Hey. I can do better." And they go and do it. And surprisingly enough, it sometimes works.

Like today. Yesterday I listened to music and played videogames all day. Today I woke up at 6:30 am, got dressed in a suit, went on a job interview, couple hours later, i get a call offering me the job.

Who knew?

July 19, 2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

And the great news continues to roll in --- my friend Seonah was accepted to a very selective MBA program where she will spend a year in Europe taking courses and living la dolce vida.

So I say again....does the hard work pay off? I guess so.

Seonah's story is interesting because this isn't her first career path. She started on one route and cut it off in the middle to try something entirely new. She could have easily fallen into the "crisis" and sat at home dreaming of what could be. But instead she made plans and it all worked out. Maybe it is just that simple?

July 19, 2005 9:42 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

congrats to elad and seonah! i'd like to think that hard work pays off, but then i worry b/c i know that i haven't worked hard for anything in life and that could pose a problem for me now that i'm looking for post-law school employment.

July 20, 2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

nice job elad!
ive got an interview this weekend for a job just north of nyc. jelous?

July 20, 2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger elad said...

VERY jealous! awww. NY.

Next time Shawn and I are in the city, we'll have to get together.

:)

July 28, 2005 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com