Wednesday, July 20, 2005

here's hoping no one's looking

every year, i promise myself that i'll get fit so that when i'm old, i can say to myself, "oh to be __ years old again." it never happens b/c i'm a lazy fool. however, i'm finally mature enough to be concerned about diabetes and heart problems, so i'm making life changes.

to become healthy, however, i have to overcome a huge hangup: i can't work out with people around. if there are people exercising, i can feel my confidence deflate and i end up going home with my tail in between my legs. why do i need confidence to go to the gym? b/c every gym i've ever joined has been an exclusive thin/beautiful-people-only club. i can't work out b/c i feel like every person is thinking that i'm bringing the pretty quotient down. so i always end up psyching myself out of going to the gym, unless i know it's some weird hour when i know few people will be there.

what can't you do with people around?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Julie! You are a beautiful girl - there is no reason why you should be so worried at the gym. I hate the gym because I am lazy. But I like going with friends because then I can have entertainment.

I don't know if there is anything I need to do when no one is around - but I do know that I love ear plugs so I can think that nobody is around. I like to walk through airports or sit at work and completely block out sound. It makes me stay focused and not get frustrated by annoying people.

July 20, 2005 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say have sex in front of people, but then.. I didnt feel hesitation as I was thinking it. Sooo, maybe that means I can. hahaha. Shawny, you present a very interesting question, b/c it has me stumped. Hmmm.. I guess I can't eat a whole bucket of KFC by myself in front of people, they might judge me. Seriously.. lol

Do I need to say who I am, I think it's quite obvious that it's the one and only, crazy Seonah. :)

July 22, 2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Oh crazy Seonah!!! Thanks for the comment -- but just to let you know -- this post wasn't originated by me -- it was done by Julie --- if you wanna join in and be a contributor just ask :)

And I can totally see you eating chicken by yourself but you would be wearing a hat and sunglasses so nobody recognizes you! heheh

July 22, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger elad said...

Talk on telephones.

:(

July 28, 2005 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com