Sunday, July 24, 2005

How Rude! - Part 2

Movie-going etiquette is pretty simple. During the movie, shut up.
But what about during the previews? I guess a little chit chat is OK.
What about during the pre-preview commercials?

Last night I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which I loved and will likely post about soon). During "The Twenty", which is what Regal cinemas calls the time before a movie when they play commercials, I was having an ordinary conversation and catching up with the two people I was with. We weren't trying to be particularly quiet because the previews still haven't started and there were just Cingular and Nike ads playing on screen.

During this conversation, the two men in front of us kept on turning around and giving us the eyes of death. After about the third time I said - Do you have a problem? And the guy continued to give his awful stare. I then said something about how this is a COMMERCIAL playing on the screen and nobody cares about it. He said "that's subjective" (what a loser thing to say) and then I said that we are allowed to talk and once the previews come on we will shut up. He then turned around and we continued to talk and occasionally said something like GEEZ it's THE TWENTY, how could anyone possibly care about these stupid commercials that you can see on television!

What do you think? For one - pre-preview commercials should be banned - they are dumb - just play the cheesy music and give us some trivia or simple ads for local restaurants or something.
Second - talking during those commercials - am I wrong? I mean honestly, this guy was a jerk, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

See, another reason this is so damn annoying is that Shawn and I have suffered through so many movie theater experiences with teenagers talking, cellphones ringing (and people answering them! saying, "hey, i'm in a movie. can i call you back? ... he did WHAT?"), and then this motherfucker (who looked soooo not nice) gave US attitude for talking during The Twenty. It was a total buzzkill.

As we were leaving, I gave him the wicked staredown, his eyes locked on the screen to watch the credits but I KNEW he was aware of my stare and my utter disgust at his existence.

July 24, 2005 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com