Thursday, July 28, 2005

Achievements, Continued.

As of five o'clock yesterday afternoon, it has been one full week (seven complete days) since I smoked a cigarette.

And I feel... okay. I miss it, sometimes. I try not to think about it, otherwise I'll miss it. I'm starting to feel the lack of it, chemically, I think. Which is weird. My body is craving it, yet my mind says NO.

I've quit before (once) and I was smoking the occasional cigarette a few days apart from each other. This is the longest for.. almost five years without. (Wow.)

Holding my breathe, crossing my toes, etc.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

toes!

come on elad - you can do it! (there's nothing to it!) hehehe

July 28, 2005 8:32 AM  
Blogger happy roy said...

congrats!! george (my bf) has been trying to quit but he hasn't fully committed to it mentally yet. "they" say that if you can go for 13 days w/o smoking, the chances of you permanently quitting are almost 100% in your favor. i'm not sure why, but something about the body recalculating the need for nicotine or something. after that, it's just the mental association you have with smoking -- i.e., it's a break, stress reliever, hunger suppressant, etc. george couldn't get over the mental hurdle. here's hoping you're more successful.

July 28, 2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger elad said...

thanks for the well-wishes. :)

July 28, 2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger elad said...

9 days.

July 29, 2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

YAY

July 29, 2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger Chai said...

congrats!! I hope you are still going at it...

::ra ra::GOOOO ELAD!!!::

August 08, 2005 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com