Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Back on the Scene


So I am finally getting better. Not well enough to go to work - but I can finally keep my eyes open for more than 10 minutes at a time - so things are looking up!

Let's talk about what's new!

Now you all know that I can't avoid talking about the Video Music Awards because I do live in South Beach now - and I was supposedly surrounded by it the past few days (but because I was sick I would have no clue what was going on outside of my bed). My friends saw Mariah perform live, and I was told to go to see The Bravery perform. But instead of all this fun - I heard gun shots - but not the ones that got headline attention. The shots I heard are still unreported and a mystery to me.

So Suge Knight got shot, again. Well, you know it ain't a party until Suge gets shot!

Ok let's first get to the most important part of the show - what is up with R. Kelly? Is he serious? I mean that stupid in the closet song has gone too far. It is just lame now - let it die!

Next - were you bored? I mean it was so much I Love this celeb and smooch smooch to Jay Z and blah blah --- the performances weren't that great and I don't know what Green Day was talking about when they said Rock always has a place at MTV. You could have fooled me. The celebs even looked bored sitting in their fake VIP section.

Ok now I take back everything I said about the performances - Shakira was great. She always gets my butt shaking - even when I am sick in bed.

And finally - the celebs need to lay off the drugs. I mean seriously half the stuff they say makes NO sense at all - and they just look like fools. I know that their lines are written and held up on cue cards - but whatever comes out of their mouth just sounds like they snorted a line and this is the first thing that came to their coked up head. Half of them forget to say what award they are announcing, the other half say stuff about ghetto fabulous jail cells for lil kim, and the rest of them who are supposedly great actors say their lines like they are in 2nd grade reading See Spot Run.

To think, when I was a teenager the VMA's would be put on my calendar and there would be a countdown to the thursday night show (I don't know when they switched it to Sundays). I couldn't wait to see what people wore, what performances took place, and what crazy things the celebs would do.

I think I am officially over MTV and the VMA's.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kovoor36 said...

i am so over the vmas too. i thought they sucked last yr to! but im shamefully admitting i'm still a sucker for alot of their crazy reality shows, that just make me laugh! i mean, have you seen my super sweet sixteen??? its worth the half an hour of your life:)

August 31, 2005 1:17 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

oh my super sweet 16 is great -- those girls are nuts. i saw a commercial for one and i just need to know how did this girl get ciarra at her party?

if her daddy hooked that up for her -- that girl is going to have a scary wake up call in a few years....

and i think its kind of pathetic for someone as big as ciarra to do a sweet 16? what was she thinking?

August 31, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger kovoor36 said...

exactly! i jus tsaw that episode last nite, her dad owns nite clubs in florida, which is why they had a hookup for getting ciara, but what was funny was ciara and her people were talking trash abt this stupid girl who'd pay all this money for her to be there, ciara is obviously just a businesswoman;)

September 01, 2005 9:19 AM  
Blogger happy roy said...

you crack me up as always, shawn. r. kelly needs to go back to the closet and lock the door behind him. seriously, WHAT was he doing??? i really thought ashton was going to jump out and be like, "bitches, you got punked!"

i missed shakira but i can imagine how her performance was given the last video of hers that i saw. she seriously must have no bones in her body.

i love kanye west and while i thought he was going to go completely over the top, he proved to be just as entertaining when he was rapping my new favorite song.

September 01, 2005 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com