Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Negotiations

I am currently in negotiations with a person who owns an apartment in my building to rent his parking spot. To start - he won't tell me how much - and then he wants to continue to share the spot - and today tells me he wants the option of canceling the deal at anytime. I am fine with sharing a parking spot - and if the price is right we could work this out - but please tell me how much! You can't negotiate with someone who keeps on giving you terms of an agreement but won't tell you a price.

So finally I give in and I give him a low price of 400 for a full year (that is like 33 bucks a month). He writes back:
"I will discuss it with my wife and get back to you. My initial reaction is that your offer is too low."

YEA he really wrote that in italics - who is this guy?

Now he wants me to pay between 80 and 120 a month - TO SHARE A PARKING SPOT THAT HE CAN CANCEL AT ANYTIME!!! Is he insane? He says that is how much it costs to rent parking spots in city garages. I am sure it is - but you don't get kicked out when the city feels like it. I told him forget it and now he is giving me an attitude saying I should be researching how much it costs to rent parking spots and show him proof of cheaper spots!

Have you dealt with similarly frustrating people?

6 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

melody is totally right. this guy is unreasonable and being ridicilous and MEAN. if i saw him in the building, i'd tell him to fuck off.

nobody is rude to my girlfriend!

August 24, 2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

He wrote me back again and said that he wants me to make another offer. I said I wont pay 75 a month and it would have to be considerably lower than that - because of the terms he wants on the spot.

I probably shouldn't bother dealing with him - but if I can get it for cheap I would take it.

How much do you think it should be a month?

August 24, 2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger elad said...

the spot is spitting empty most days. he is not losing or gaining money. i would offer 25 bucks a month with his stupid restrictions and i bet he'll take it.

August 24, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

my starting price was 33 a month (400 a year) and he already said no to that - I am going to have to go higher.

August 24, 2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger kovoor36 said...

that guy is ridiculous!! you should just get a city spot, even if its more, its wayyy less hassle!!

August 24, 2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

i wouldn't offer more than $50 a month and i'd would require some notice before he could cancel the spot. like at least a month so you can make other arrangements.

btw, don't you love that i'm slowly bring my friends over to the dark...er i mean, blog? =)

August 25, 2005 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com