Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Today I am "That Girl"

This morning I woke up and went on my merry way to the Broward County Courthouse to attend a hearing. Last week my boss asked me to go to this hearing because he was going on vacation (lucky guy) and wouldn't be able to attend.

Well I showed up this morning and looked at the list of cases outside the courtroom and then suddenly it hit me - the hearing was yesterday.

Yup, today I am that girl. The girl who screws up and doesn't have a way out of it. The girl who walks out of the courtroom frantically trying to figure out how to fix a problem that is unfixable. The girl that the entire office looks at thinks - how could you screw this one up?

Honestly, I have no clue how I screwed this one up. The notice said Monday August 8, I showed up on Tuesday August 9th. Makes no sense and I still don't understand it. I had so many dates running around in my head that August 8th just seemed like a Tuesday.

Excuse me while I go hide my head in shame.

5 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

i'm sure it's not as bad you make it out to be. you're human! you're entitled, allowed, and expected to make mistakes!

:)

August 09, 2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger happy roy said...

...unless you're an attorney. =( i feel your pain, shawn. i'm sorry it happened, but look at this way: it has to happen to everyone eventually so at least you got it out of the way NOW as opposed to later when you're supposed to be an experienced attorney who doesn't make mistakes.

August 10, 2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Thanks Julie. You are totally right. Attorneys aren't supposed to make mistakes -- and once my boss finds out about what happened....well I am just afraid.

But at least it happend now and not later on. That is totally what is getting me through the day.

August 10, 2005 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY DID NOT LOOK AT YOU LIKE "The girl that the entire office looks at thinks - how could you screw this one up?"

: )

REESEA

August 12, 2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Aww Reesa -- I know you didn't but I just felt like Vince or Kanner or Rodgriguez would (so that's why I said it). I know you wouldn't do that because you are the coolest one in the office!!

By the way - thanks for checking out the blog and posting!!!

August 12, 2005 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com