Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ear Plugs

How do you stop yourself from being a complete waste of space at work?

I am lucky to be pretty much left alone all day at work. Every once and awhile someone will pop their head into my office for me to sign something or to tell me that something needs to get done. But otherwise, they just assume I am working away.

But I have hit a very bad place that I am afraid I can't get out of. I just click and click and click around the internet all day. I do work here and there....but I think I am starting to spend more time reading gossip columns and blogs. What do I do? I am on the verge of disconnecting my internet but then I won't be able to access my office's network or the law research websites.

For now - I will go with my trusty ear plugs and look through the internet options for some type of blocking mechanism.

2 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

That's a tough one. The ever-present lure of the Internet is constant and all tech-savvy people who work in office jobs are suspectible to its pull. I don't know of any advice to avoid it because I do the same thing everyday.

I think the crunch of deadlines is really the only real cure. If you KNOW you have a lot to do by a certain date, you'll be forced not to waste time internet surfing. Maybe for us, now in the summer, it's hard because florida is kinda "slow" during this time for everything and when you have more to do "in season," you won't surf as much.

August 03, 2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger happy roy said...

i have the same problem, shawn, and i have no answers. let me know if you find a solution.

August 03, 2005 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com