Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Milestones

I was talking to a good friend of mine last night - who happens to be getting married in 2 weeks - and we were discussing the big 25 birthday milestone. She said she hated that birthday but she has recently gotten over it (probably because she has a lot to look forward to in her 25th year).

I am not so freaked out about 25 - I said that 30 is a year I am way more afraid of. That is because I have always had expectations for that year. After I decided that I was going to go to law school I knew that I would graduate by the time I was 25 and have to really kill myself for 5 years (working hard as a lawyer and paying bills and getting my life on a steady path). But I always said that however hard age 25-29 will be, age 30 should be great because everything should be on course. How freaked out am I going to be when shit hits the fan when I am 30? I am just setting myself up for disaster.

So how about you - do you have an age that you always think about - where you expect big things to happen?? Did it pass and it wasn't as momentous as you thought it would be?

2 Comments:

Blogger happy roy said...

i passed 25 9 months ago and nothing momentous happened. i never put my goals all on one year and thought, that will be the year things happen for me...which is good b/c at 25, i'm still in school, i don't own a home, i'm not married and i have a mind-crushing amount of student loans. 25 was a disappointing year in terms of accomplishments but when i look at in perspective, i feel pretty lucky just to be in school, have wonderful family, friends and boyfriend and full use of my physical and mental capabilities.

August 02, 2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger oodles said...

It's funny, I wrote a rant about this... turning 29. I have a lot of things I want to do before I hit 30, so, that time is so close!

August 02, 2005 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com