Wednesday, August 10, 2005

there's something to be said for living alone

everyone needs company once in awhile. no man is an island. we all need someone to talk to. yeah yeah. if you've ever had a horrible/loud/crazy/mean/___(fill-in the blank with your negative quality) roommate, you value your solitude. i'm finally in my own place and even though george is there more often than not and my parents pay for my rent b/c they were wonderful people, it's still my own place in the sense i don't have to hide the knives, chocolate, sleeping pills, remote control, etc. from anyone for fear they do anything crazy, annoying, life-threatening or distracting. i'm writing a blog to detail my adventures in living with roommates, which brings me to this topic: who was your most memorable roommate (either for good or not so good reasons) and why?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Oh memorable roommates. I had a few (summer camp/college). A bunch of times I was roomed with people who shared my birthday, which I always thought was strange.

I have great memories of all of them - just one I did not like. My last roommate in Miami was a bitch and she used to give me evil looks and acted like I wasn't alive. I pretty much locked myself into my room for that year.

August 10, 2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

p.s. julie - the new colors on your xanga are really hard to read.

August 10, 2005 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a place of your own! Can't wait to see it.

August 11, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Chai said...

I've had the worst roomie situations ever. I have to tell you mine in person to get the entire gist of it. But in a nutshell: she was the naked roomie. She plucked her pubic hairs in front of me. She would strip in front of my friends (men and women) and sit and talk, while she was naked.

It was odd. She was odd. I was uncomfortable. She took pleasure out of making people feel uncomfortable. And the sad part, her body wasn't anything to look at.

Yeah, she was an awful, awful roommate.

August 23, 2005 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com